Design Engineer – Full Time
Mid-Level Position. Design welding and assembly positioners along with related jigs and fixtures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data.
- Confers with engineering, service, and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Applies algebraic and geometric formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration.
- Selects standard items such as bushings, clamps, shims, hydraulic components, electrical controls, and locating devices to incorporate into product design.
- Has a basic understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical controls.
- Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings.
- Complies with all ALM and customer design and drawings standards.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
This Job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree, and/or training in advanced tooling and fixture design utilizing parametric design software; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to interpret and analyze FEA results.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Creo software required, Creo 5.0 or newer preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office preferred.
- Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical design experience preferred.
- FEA analysis capabilities preferred, or the ability to develop FEA skills with training.
- Experience and knowledge in general design and development of sheet metal, tooling and utilizing hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems required.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, up to 60 hours per week, including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction.
- Must be dependable and reliable with a positive work history in attendance.
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach arms and over shoulder; and crouch, stoop, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Parts of the work environment are not climate-controlled.
Application: Ready to apply? Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.